Terms and Conditions
The #MyGatewayToGetAway Social Media Contest (“CONTEST”) is organised by Far East Hospitality Management (S) Pte Ltd (“FEHM”).
The contest is open to all Instagram users aged 18 years and above. FEHM reserves the absolute discretion to determine the eligibility of any person who is interested to participate in and/or has participated in the contest.
- FEHM employees and their immediate family members, as well as FEHM affiliates, subsidiaries, retail outlets, related agencies and suppliers, are not eligible to participate in this contest.
2. QUALIFYING PERIOD
The qualifying period for the contest is from 25 January 2019, 0001 hours to 10 February 2019, 2359 hours (both dates inclusive) (“Qualifying Period”) or such other period as may be determined by FEHM in its absolute discretion.
3. HOW TO PARTICIPATE
To create one (1) qualified entry, participants are required to:
(A) Upload a photo or video featuring the most adventurous trip you took with your favourite travel partner and keep your profile public
(B) Tell us what made that trip so incredible and why you think winning a stay at The Outpost Hotel would top that experience (keep your story to 100 words)
(C) Tag @TheOutpostHotel in the post and include the hashtag #MyGatewayToGetAway in the caption
(D) Complete your submission by entering your details here
- Participants must fulfil the above steps in order to qualify for this contest.
- Participants are allowed to submit only one (1) Entry each.
- FEHM will not verify receipt of Entries.
4. PRIZES AVAILABLE
- There will be two (2) winners chosen from all entries.
- Each winner will receive a 7 days and 6 nights stay at The Outpost Hotel, prizes from Wave House Sentosa, Trick Eye Museum Singapore, Wings Of Time, Sentosa Merlion, MegaZip, Ola Beach Club, Cable Car Dining in Stardust Cabin and S$1,000 cash.
- The Cash prize of $1,000 SGD will only be redeemable upon the fulfilment of deliverables stated below:
- Winners will be required to deliver a minimum of 2 x IG posts and 3 x IG stories daily during their stay period (total of 14 IG posts and 21 IG stories)
- Flights (if any) and travel visas (if any) are to be arranged and paid for by the winner.
- Any other expenses arising from and/or incurred during the stay shall be borne solely by the winner.
- The 7 days and 6 nights stay at The Outpost Hotel is only valid from 21 to 27 June 2019, and cannot be changed to any other dates. In the event that a winner is unable to make it on these dates, FEHM reserves the right to select an alternative winner instead.
- The images featured in any marketing material are not representations of all prizes.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER
- FEHM will review all Entries and select two (2) winners with the most inspiring stories. FEHM reserves the right not to award prizes if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. Prize awards are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Terms & Conditions.
- The judging of this contest will be conducted by 25 February 2019.
- The Judge’s/Organiser’s decisions are final. Further correspondences will not be entertained.
- Winners will be notified by email. If a potential winner does not respond within one (1) week from the date of announcement, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
- For verification purpose, the winner would be required to present the original winner’s proof of identity in the form of NRIC/FIN/PASSPORT. Any discrepancy between the entry received and the documents/requirements produced for verification will be deemed as disqualification.
- The winner shall be responsible for any and all applicable taxes or fees associated with winning the prize. Unless otherwise specified, all ancillary costs are the winner’s responsibility.
- If FEHM subsequently discovers or determines in its absolute discretion that a participant is not entitled to or is disqualified to participate in the contest, FEHM at its sole discretion do any of the following:
- Forfeit the prize; and/or
- Re-claim the prize from the participant and select another participant who qualifies.
- If the prize remains unclaimed after the claim period, it shall be forfeited without the liability on the part of FEHM to the winner and donated to a charity of FEHM’s choice or be awarded to the next qualifying participant.
- FEHM will not be held responsible or financially liable, under any circumstances, for any and all damages, loss, accidents or injury to any person(s) arising from the use of the prize(s).
- FEHM reserves the right to replace the prizes with other items of equivalent value should the stated prizes become unavailable for any reason.
- FEHM reserves the right to amend, withdraw and modify the terms and conditions of this contest at any time without prior notice.
- FEHM reserves the right to disqualify any winner.
- FEHM, FEHM’s authorised agencies, sponsors, organisations and the directors, officers, employees and assignee thereof (collectively the “Indemnified Persons”) shall not be liable in any way for any claim, loss, injury, damage or inconvenience (a) arising in connection with the contest, including any error in computing the number of chances, any breakdown or malfunction in any computer system or equipment, any notice which is misdirected or lost in the post; or (b) suffered or incurred by a participant, the winner or any other person howsoever arising in connection with the contest. Each participant in the contest (including his or her heirs, executors and/or administrators) hereby agrees to indemnify and hold each of indemnified persons harmless from and against any and all claim, loss or damage that may be suffered by the Participant in relation to the contest or any prize and shall release and discharge each of the indemnified persons completely from any and all claims, liabilities, judgments, suits, proceedings, actions and all costs (including solicitor and client costs), expenses, penalties, fines or fees brought by or against the participant.
- Neither FEHM nor its authorised agencies and any sponsor or organisation associated with the contest shall be held liable for any failure or omission to carry out the contest in accordance with these terms and conditions or for any loss or damage suffered by the participants if such failure, omission, loss or damage arises out of or in connection with any event of force majeure, including without limitation any calamity or conditions, acts of God or warlike hostilities, civil commotion, riots, blockades, embargoes, sabotages, strikes, fires, lockouts, shortages of material or labour, terrorist activity, epidemic, health risk or any defect, failure, interruption, breakdown or malfunction of any machine, computer system, data processing system or transmission link, or any other occurrence beyond the reasonable control of FEHM, its authorised agencies and any sponsor or organisation associated with the contest, as the case may be.
- FEHM’s decision on all matters relating to or in connection with the contest shall be at its sole and absolute discretion and shall be final and binding on all participants. Except for the notification to the winners, FEHM shall not be obliged to enter into any correspondence on any matter concerning the contest. In the event of any inconsistency between these Terms & Conditions and any brochure, marketing or contest material relating to the contest, these Terms & Conditions shall prevail.
- Prizes are non-transferable or exchangeable for cash, credit or any other items. FEHM may at its sole discretion at any time and without prior notice replace or substitute a prize with another prize of similar value selected by FEHM. FEHM makes no representations or warranties as to the quality/suitability/fitness for purpose/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. FEHM is not liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, indirect and consequential (including economic) losses by reason of the use, enjoyment or operation of any prize by a participant, his family or any other person.
- FEHM shall not be liable in any way for any loss or damage arising in connection with the contest, including but not limited to problems or any breakdown or malfunction of any computer system or equipment, software, any telephone network or lines, servers or providers or any combination thereof.
- If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned (including and not limited to) infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of FEHM which corrupt or affect the administration, operation, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the contest, FEHM reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any participant who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest.
- FEHM reserves the right to disclose and publish the name, and such other particulars (including the photograph and voice) and the materials submitted for participation in the contest (including images, video and captions) of any participant/winner in such mode and manner as FEHM may in its sole discretion deem appropriate for publicity purposes. Participants/winners agree to cooperate with and participate in the activities organized by FEHM for this purpose without additional compensation.
- By participating in the contest, the participant consents to FEHM disclosure and/or use of his/her particulars (mobile number, name and NRIC/FIN/Passport) as provided, for the purposes of present or future marketing programs at any time at FEHM’s discretion.
- FEHM reserves the right at its absolute discretion to terminate the contest or vary, delete, add to any of these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice including without limitation the date of the contest.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and the participants irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore.
- A person who is not a party to any agreement governed by these Terms and Conditions shall have no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53) to enforce any provision of these Terms and Conditions.
- Participants agree to do and take all steps as requested by FEHM from time to time in order to ensure that the Terms and Conditions as well as FEHM are compliant with any data protection law that may be enacted and is applicable to the Promotion.
- Participants must be the sole author and owner of the copyright of all materials (including the caption and/or images) entered. Source material must be made available on request by FEHM. FEHM does not accept any liability for the publication of unlawfully reproduced images.
- By entering this contest, participants agree that they have read, understood, and accepted these Terms & Conditions in their entirety.
- Completing the entry on #MyGatewayToGetAway Social Media Contest microsite during the Qualifying Period shall be deemed as Participation in the Contest by a Participant.
- Claiming the contest prize constitutes his or her acceptance of the Terms and Conditions as stated above.